Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tammy Meyer


It was my second year of teaching and also my second year of teaching out of my field as a Special Education Science Teacher.  I was teaching a class, where each student had at least one label and none of them had the same one.  Most of them the principal new by name and that wasn't a good thing.  I was clearly in over my head and then in walked Tammy.

Tammy the mother of three daughters and the wife to a wonderful husband.  Tammy the woman that always looks like she just walked out of a fashion magazine and you would believe she stopped by her personal stylist in Gibisonville on the way to school, because her nails, hair and makeup always looked perfect.

A few weeks into school they said Tammy will be your aide for this class for the rest of the year.  I was thinking Thank You God!  Tammy has just the right amount of patience.  She works well with adults and kids.  She will help students as much as they want to help themselves.  She will sit for hours next to a struggling student needing help reading and writing, however she will not do it for them. She can't be bamboozled and the students know that. If they are under her watchful eye, she will call their parents, keep them after school, and hunt them down if they owe teachers homework.  I have grown to admire Tammy so much for what she has done to educate students. Tammy, thanks for always being there for me and I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet you in the fall of 2001 3rd period, my life has never been the same.

Tammy came to see me after Jaelin was born in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment