Sunday, April 22, 2012

Katy's 2nd Bridal Shower


Katy's Aunt Peggy and Aunt Susan hosted the second shower at Shaw's Restaurant in downtown Lancaster, Ohio.  It was a wonderful afternoon of fun. I think they may have given more door prizes away then Katy got gifts.  They had several items on the tables, many of them antiques.  Katy picked which one she like first on table one and second on table two and so on.  Then we had to try to guess what Katy chose.  Katy and I have similar tastes, so I thought I would do fairly well.  Wrong - I only got two out of six.

It was finally time to open gifts.  Katy called and asked me to be her matron of honor almost a year ago.  I was so excited!  I immediately thought I need a really special gift to giver her. I have been working on a special double top secret gift for Katy on and off for almost nine months.  In July when Jennifer came to Nebraska and taught me to make quilts we picked up Amy Butler material at Material Girls in Grand Island, Nebraska and made a quilt top.  The colors I chose were what I thought she had described as her wedding colors.  Although the wedding colors have changed I still feel they are great colors and remind me of Katy.  Mostly because these colors are bright and cheerful.  Jennifer quilted this quilt on her long arm with bright and beautiful variegated thread.  I put the binding on with a "hidden" hand stitch this week.  This is the first quilt top I ever made (with the help of Jennifer) and I am so happy to give it to Katy.


Jaelin, Katy, me and Jacie

No comments:

Post a Comment