Monday, April 23, 2012

for the love of beef (part ?)


Five years ago yesterday, this is what I looked like.  Our second daughter was a scheduled c-section for Monday April 23, 2005.  She was born weighing 6 pounds and 13 ounces and was 20 inches long. I pleaded with the doctor to schedule the c-section after State FFA Convention the first weekend in May so I would be able to see my first ever state public speaking qualifier compete for first place. (However I did end up recovering in time to see Jessica McKinley win first place in beginning prepared.) I was also thinking I could have a 10 pound baby.  I figured if they were cutting me open again, hey big babies are happy babies.     



Having the second child is so much different then the first.  My mom kept Jacie and brought her in later that afternoon.  Since it was April Jake was busy spraying (there is no convenient time for a baby to be born on a farm). Jake left early the next morning.  I said, but it's raining.  He said, I know but I have few things to fix on the sprayer.  He also said, what am I going to around here all day. When Jacie was born the hospital room was packed most of the day and evening.  With our families both getting reading to plant and taking turns watching Jacie, it was mostly just Jaelin and I.   We went home a few days later and it was a long spring and summer for this mom with a breastfeeding newborn and a potty training 2 year old.  I feel like the next year was a major accomplishment in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment