Tuesday, January 3, 2012

a hankering

Sometimes I get a hankering to do something.  The definition of hankering means to have a strong, often restless desire. These hankerings are positive, for me anyway.  They usually are for example to call someone, send a card, give money, send a gift, bake or make something and give it away they go on and on.  They bring great joy to my life.  I believe that really hankerings are God speaking to my soul.  Usually I act on my hankerings.  Sometimes I don't, though.  The reason I don't act on my hankerings, is because they are to do something for someone I haven't seen in a long time and really was not that close to and I think they would think I was weird instead of nice. 


Today I got a hankering to make a baby quilt for someone that I know, that is having a baby.  So I did. (I'd show a picture but I like my hankerings to be a surprise)  The only problem is that it needs quilted.  I have never quilted with my machine or I guess at all.  But tomorrow that is going to change because I am going to quilt the top I made today on my machine.  Wish me luck.


Do you ever get a hankering?

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get a hankering to surprise Michael Boehm and just show up for a sunday morning church service at his church. Then I hesitate....cause it might be weird. I think in life its always better to act on those things that run through your mind. Sometimes its easier said than done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I have never had that one. But now I do when and where?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you head down to Louisville for the farm machinery show in Feb, it could be arranged....just a thought.

    ReplyDelete