Wednesday, August 14, 2013

School Starts

The girls and I have had the best summer together.  They have been such a big help. They do so many things independently and are learning so many jobs to help out  . . . and then school starts.

I believe school is important for them to grow independently, learn things I wouldn't and/or don't want to teach them.  However, I don't think it is a hear all and end all to everything they need to know in life.  I don't think teachers can teach work ethic, laundry, personal financial decisions or animal care with the resource I have for the girls at home.  None the less school offers social growth that is important and independence and obvious other lessons.

I am praying for a successful school year for both of them.


What do you think is still your responsibility to teach as a parent?



No comments:

Post a Comment