Friday, May 31, 2013

Pasture rides and Patriotism

Last night I blogged about the joy ride that turned into real work of gathering cows.  I mentioned that I was hoping to get a great picture. While collecting the cows with the girls I did capture this great picture and a wonderful conversation.  Sometimes these blogs are more about a personal journal.

As we drove through the pasture I stopped to take this pic of the well pad that is continually progressing and I believe is now drilling.



This conversation followed.

Jacie: "Mom, do you think since they have that flag up there, they say the Pledge of Allegiance everyday?"

I am thinking no, however I didn't want to ruin everything she was learning in school. Therefore I said this.
"They probably don't, but do you know why people display the American Flag?"

Jacie: "Yes, to show their patriotism."

Jaelin: "What is patriotism?"

Jacie: "You will learn about patriotism in second grade, I don't want to give too much away."

Me: "Jacie, tell her what patriotism is."

Jacie: "I forget."

Me: "Patriotism is being proud of your country."



I think patriotism is like charity - -  it begins at home. - Henry James


No comments:

Post a Comment