Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Easter - Enjoy New Life

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead ... 1 Peter 1:3

Easter is a powerful holiday.  For the first time in our married life we made it to the Holy Thursday and Good Friday Mass.  The girls asked if we were going to a Holy Saturday Mass tonight.  I told them we would not.  I am not sure they get the power of the weekend celebrations.  I assume I have about 8 more years for them to "get it", if not they may never care to understand.  Jake and I came home from Mass to watch "The Passion".  The movie is almost too much to watch and I have guilt in just turning my head.  I didn't realize Jesus is played by the same guy that is in "The Person of Interest".   He does a fantastic job. 

The girls and I made some extra Easter goodies including fruit salad, deviled eggs and cupcakes. 

Although one of my favorite parts of the Easter weekend is seeing all of the new life in a new calf crop and just the hint of greener pastures.  Jake, the girls and I went out to put mineral out and watch the calves laying in the sunshine and running about with the energy only the sunshine can bring. 






I hope you enjoy your Easter weekend and watching all of the signs of new life.


No comments:

Post a Comment