Friday, February 22, 2013

A sad day, losing something and St. Anthony

On June 7, 2002 Jake gave me this ring and asked me to marry him. I have never taken it off, except when my fingers were too swollen to wear it during the last part of both of my pregnancies.


Yesterday sometime from when I left the Ohio Cattleman's meeting to when I returned home after picking up tires and a half of beef I lost the diamond out of my ring.  Jaelin has had an attachment to my ring since she was a few weeks old.  She rubs the diamond when she is sad, mad or tired. I often left my ring with Jake when I was going to late night FFA meetings when she was an infant for her to rub before she went to sleep.  She really isn't as attached anymore. However, last night Jaelin climbed up on the coach to sit next to me after I had gotten home.  She instantly grabbed for my ring and then looked at me and said "what did you do with it?"  I have looked everywhere and prayed to St. Anthony, the saint of missing things.


O blessed St. Anthony, 
the grace of God has made you a powerful advocate 
in all our needs and the patron 
for the restoring of things lost or stolen. 
I turn to you today with childlike love and deep confidence. 
You have helped countless children of God 
to find the things they have lost,
material things, and, more importantly, 
the things of the spirit: faith, hope, and love. 
I come to you with confidence; 
help me in my present need.
I recommend what I have lost to your care, 
in the hope that God will restore it to me, 
if it is His holy Will.

Amen. 


I still have not found it and very much disappointed.

What is the worst thing you have ever lost?  Have you ever prayed to St. Anthony?

1 comment:

  1. Great tips, many thanks for sharing. I have printed and will stick on the wall! I like this blog. Vitamin and Mineral Drench for Sheep

    ReplyDelete