Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sharing my Disappointments

Making good on my promise to share more of the disappointments in life on fortheloveofbeef, I share with you tonight the loss in the run for being one of the Faces of Farming and Ranching.

The process of signing up, interviewing, creating two videos and becoming a finalist was humbling, enjoyable, exciting and educational.  The process was so short and fast that finding out we didn't win was a bit of a let down.  I first had to tell the girls - who were disappointed as well. However the most disappointed was my Dad.  When I called him and told him we didn't win, he said "Are you sure you didn't win?".  Well Dad I am pretty sure, since they just called me to tell me I didn't win. I also felt a little disappointment for all of the support I received from the friends, family and the beef industry who voted so many times for me. I couldn't help but feel I had wasted their time. I know there were a lot of people who told me they voted everyday.  That is dedication and I truly appreciate the support and share my disappointment with you.

I do honestly feel that their is higher power that drives the world I live in.  I know that his plan for me doesn't include this task and I am always anxious to findout what he does have in store for me. If you have a feeling like disappointment, you can google Bible quotes about (insert feeling) and you get good advice. Here are two of my favorites about disappointment.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.





Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.



My disappointment in losing has nothing to do with jealousy, which is something I rejoice about.  Because we all know that is not always the case, and after all jealousy is the root of many other evils.  I feel none of that in this situation.  In fact they could not have chosen more wonderful people to represent American Agriculture.

Katie Pratt writes through her blog Rural Route 2 | the life & times of an Illinois farm girl.

You can find Will Gilmer on The Dairyman's Blog along with the many humorous videos he posts on youtube.

Chris Chinn has been blogging for years from her Missouri hog farm- chrischinn | my farm, my family, my story.

I can't find Bo Stone in social media, please someone send me a link and I will include it.

I have received several phone calls from very supportive people (thank you), reminding me that I was in the top 10 percent and I was able to spread awareness and education already through my role as a finalist.  Although I do believe this is true, it is still a loss. I am from the mindset that people don't go to the Olympics to win Silver.

Moving forward from disappointment is really crucial in life.  If you live life without disappointment, that would really be boring.  To never put yourself out there in order to always be safe and only try for things that there is 100% chance of attaining, would be very underwhelming and not at all what we are asked to do in life.

What is in the future for us, you ask?  More of the same, only I will be using the knowledge I gained from the experience I had, to promote farming and ranching.  I plan on giving all the support I can to the 4 people who are representing the Faces of Farming and Ranching.

Until my next disappointment make a recipe with beef, take an adventure, share your disappointments, dream bigger, and take chances. In the words of Tim McGraw live like you were dying.



No comments:

Post a Comment