Sunday, December 9, 2012

National Finals Rodeo - why watch?

I don't follow rodeo all year.  However I will tune into the National Final Rodeo for the next two weeks in order to see the best of the best. They give so much commentary and behind the chutes that you are able to catch up real fast on the highlights of the year.  This little bit of information and about one night of watching and you already find yourself cheering for your favorite cowboy. I know about as much about rodeo as I do basketball so I pick my favorites about the same way I choose my basketball teams for my March Madness bracket.

Rodeo is like no other sport, you have to be good with animals and be athletic.  Probably the biggest reason this sport is different is if you lose you don't get paid.  This is the real deal. I love every cowboy's and cowgirl's story. Like this story of hard work and heartbreak from barrel racer Mary Walker . I like to follow the injury list and feel that sense of how tough these people are. These cowboys ride broken, hurt and sick, nothing keeps them from performing. My favorite parts are the fade away from the rodeo to the parents as their kids are performing. My favorite parent supporters are Kaycee Field's Mom and the Cooper Brother's Dad.

I love all stories that inspire you to chase your dreams and do the things that people say can't be done.

Who are you cheering for, as you watch the National Finals Rodeo on GAC?


1 comment:

  1. I don't follow the rodeo circuit all year but I too am guilty of obsessively following NFR. I like watching the best of the best compete! I DVR it to watch later as I don't want to stay up all night, and then I can skip commercials too ;)

    ReplyDelete