Tuesday, September 11, 2012

United States Farmers and Ranchers

I recently applied to be one of the Faces of Farming and Ranching for the United States Farmers and Ranchers (USFRA).  I filled out an application and made my first youtube video.  Things I learned making a youtube video.

1. IPads make excellent video recorders.
2. Cattle and kids do not always follow instructions or perform.
3. I hate my recorded voice.
4. A good sunset makes everything look prettier.
5. Cutting and editing I-Movies is fun.
6. Uploading youtube videos is challenging.

for the love of beef on youtube

The top 15 will be announced in November at the USFRA's Food Dialogues in New York City.  http://www.fooddialogues.com/ny-food-dialogues

After interviews and another video they will narrow down the 15 to 5.  The 5 chosen farmers and ranchers will be given the opportunity to explain America's very resourceful, safe, abundant and full of choices food supply from the farmers and ranchers perspective. The 5 representatives will be able to meet people outside of rural America and gain a better understanding of their view points when they make their food choices.

This is a very exciting opportunity for farmers and ranchers.  To see other applicants go to youtube.com and type in faces of farmers and ranchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment