Monday, August 20, 2012

Keep on dreaming, even if it breaks your heart.

Lounging this evening, as Jake and I watch CMT's - the Kenny Chesney story.  It is so inspiring for someone to tell their story with honesty.  He is telling about not reaching his goals in the timetable he wanted. He talks about working hard and the success that didn't come.  I have a friend that was very successful through her 4-H career and many people were jealous of her awards.  As her and I sat one evening at the end of our showing careers talking about this, she said that just because she was featured on the front page of the local paper with her winning projects, doesn't mean she had succeeded at everything she had set out to do.  She said "they didn't picture my one nutted ram with a red ribbon at the county fair, in the paper".  So true!

Jake and I were talking about how much this applies to everyone's life. Musicians, athletes, farmers, ranchers, car salesmen, students, lawyers and teachers.
Then we were talking about this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJzPj-yWDU4

We began our ongoing conversation about our goals and where we are going and what we want to accomplish.  The dream/goals we have for operating a successful feed yard, is similar to Kenny's story.
Kenny laughed as he talked about being booked to sing in a club for $750.00 and when they arrived no one showed up. I told Jake that is like having an empty pen at feed yard.

His story inspires me to dream.  It always feels to me September is like my January 1st.  In January "they" always try to get you to set goals and resolutions, but with teacher blood running through my veins I feel September feels more appropriate.  Does anyone else feel this way?  If so what are you dreaming about?

Keep on dreaming, even if it breaks your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment