Thursday, July 19, 2012

Perry County - Market Steer Show

I have always said there are two things no one ever asked me if I wanted to do.
1. If I wanted to go to church.
2. If I wanted to show cattle.

It was always assumed that I would do both.  So every Sunday you would find our entire family in the second to last row at the Somerset United Methodist Church.  Every July you would find our entire family in the beef barn at the Perry County Fair.  I might add the Sunday of the fair was one of four Sundays we would not be in Church.

Showing cattle started with my Dad and Uncle John when they began in 4-H.


This is my Dad, Jim Poorman showing at the Perry County Fair in 1967.


Twenty years later in 1987 in mid July I showed my first market steer and breeding heifer at the Perry County Fair.




Thank you Dad for my start in the beef industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment