Sunday, March 25, 2012

a great weekend and investment

Jake's sister and her soon to be husband came to spend the weekend with us and we had a great time.  Jake and Calvin spent most of the time moving cows around and looking for a lost cow. I believe we are lost from her, she is not lost from us.  Katy, the girls and I made a sad attempt to look for a veil.  We didn't find one.

Today we went north to look at the cows in Harrison County.  Jake and I purchased about 80 cows this fall when we moved back.  http://www.fortheloveofbeef.blogspot.com/2011/12/cows-have-arrived.html Since they are not in the groups Jake is calving, I have not got to see them but a couple times and I haven't seen the calves at all. There are 430 cows total and only 80 of them are ours and unless you want to read every ear tag number and look them up in the book, it was actually easier to wait for the calves to be born.  All of our calves have green ear tags. So, today we got to see most of them.  As we looked through the calves I am not disappointed at all with our investment.


No comments:

Post a Comment