Saturday, February 18, 2012

FFA Week - where it started

I am dedicating my blog to the FFA all this week in honor and celebration of FFA Week.  I have often wondered where I would be if it wasn't for the FFA.  It is hard to really put your finger on everything and everyone that has made you who you are today.


My parents and I when they received their Honorary State Degrees

My SAE and the little guy on the wagon is my brother Jason.

My first plane ride - because of the FFA. This is Alison Sexton who flew with across from me.
Seven days - four girls - one hotel room. The first time I  have ever been told that  our hotel room would not be cleaned until we picked up our stuff.  What? Amy Poth fellow roommate also included on this mess was Alison Sexton and Emily Buxton.

I will be posting highlights of those things and people that have impacted me or others through the FFA program this week.  I don't have any idea what I would be doing if it wasn't for deciding to sign up for Ag. 100 at Sheridan High School in the fall of 1992.  Almost everything I do today is because of my initial involvement with the FFA.  I would not have decided to teach Agriculture and probably would have lacked the confidence to move to main campus and study at The Ohio State University.  The FFA builds confidence in students to try new things and roll with the ups and downs and successes and failures along the way. I believe that is what life is all about.  Stay tuned this week for more pictures from the past in celebration of FFA week.

No comments:

Post a Comment