Thursday, January 17, 2013

Inspiration from "Turquoise Thursday" on Cattle Call

I have always thought turquoise is a really pretty color on other people and for decorating in other people's homes.  About a year ago I found Crystal Cattle: Turquoise Thursday blog. I enjoy reading her blog and this also began my not only noticing more turquoise around me, but truly appreciating the color.

A couple of weekends ago Jake took the girls and I to Amish Country and I walked into Miller's Dry Goods and Fabrics . This was one of my Grandma Poorman's favorite fabric stores.  As I walked to the back of the store I was instantly drawn towards a stack of fabrics centered around the Moda line of
Marmalade.  I decided to buy the fat quarter stack. Because I am new to turquoise after I got all the pieces cut out, I was scared of what I had.  I got some confidence to move on with the project from my quilting mentor Jennifer and Jennifer at the girls' bus stop.  I finished the quilt top last weekend.





Thank you for the inspiration Cattle Call and thank you for the courage to forge on Jennifer and Jennifer.  Stay tuned to see the finished product in it's final destination.




1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to agree with the Turquoise Jewelry...probably because it goes so good with brown :) LOVE your outfit today. Can you fly here and help me makeover my closet?

    ReplyDelete