Thursday, December 20, 2012

A beautiful day of Christmas celebration.

Yesterday was a wonderful day of celebration at St. Mary's Central.  Another mom and I volunteered to  host the Kindergarten Christmas Party.  We had a gift race, where students raced to open gifts for the classroom.  We also played pin the nose on Rudolph. We made our own snacks, my stacking three powdered doughnuts making a snowman.  We then gave him a hat with a little chocolate bell, two arms made from pretzel sticks and a scarf from a licorice. I apologize for the messy navy blue uniforms.  Some of the kids looked like they had rolled in powdered sugar. The parents sent in wonderful Christmas treats, including bags of candy, and cookies.  However the hit seemed to be a small notebook complete with pen that all of the children began getting signatures in.  I signed in at least 15 times for the Christmas Party.  Bless their little hearts.


We came back in the evening for a very special Christmas Program. My favorite thing about the girls not going to public school is that God is not a secret.  They pray before school starts, before lunch and before they come home.  They even sometimes stop to pray for emergency vehicles going buy, because after all someone must need help. They even sing about God and Jesus being born during the Christmas Program and that is awesome.

My favorite song the Kindergartners sang last night was a song about lambs, complete with adorable lamb masks.
Baa, Baa, Baa,  Baa, Baa, Baa
Now you know just who I am,
I'm a little wooly lamb,
God has made me what I am,
juicy grass is what I eat,
do you want to hear me bleat . . .


He sees you when your sleeping  . . .

 My favorite song that Jacie's class sang was "From the Manger to the Cross".
From the manger to the cross,
From the manger to the cross,
Jesus made a road to save the lost,
From the manger to the cross
 Jacie played the cow bell in the Angel Band.
There were 1, there were 2, there were 3 little angels, there were 4, there were 5, there 6 little angels, there were 7, there were 8, there 9 little angel, 10 little angels in that band . . .


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment