Thursday, August 23, 2012

Quilting and History channel for the day, oh my!

I've been sewing this quilt top all week.  It is finally finished.  After taking it apart and putting it back together.  There was not supposed to be a pattern, and that sometimes is hard to do.  Jake pointed out a string of reds together.  I ignored him.  But then Jaelin, my darling kindergartner pointed out the same pattern.

Jaelin: "oh, what happened here?"
Me: "Mommy messed up!"
Jaelin: "that's okay, it still looks good."


So I ripped that out and tried to fit the rest of the pattern together yesterday.  As I was designing and sewing, I decided to watch/listen to the History Channel.  The shows that were on were called Decoded.  The stories investigate conspiracy theories.  The one show interviewed people and discussed if there was indeed gold in Fort Knox.  History Channel - Decoded The show goes on to discuss what would happen to the world and the economy if there was indeed no gold there any longer.  At the end of the show they made a reference to the Wizard of Oz.  I don't know if I have been living under a rock and why I haven't seen this before.  I am not sure if I buy into all this, however with the references to Agriculture I thought it was worth the share for interest anyway. The real story of the Wizard of Oz

1 comment: