Saturday, July 7, 2012

Found some stuff . . .

I have been cleaning unwanted boxes out.  This is a true feel good experience.  If you need a pick me up - clean out a box or a drawer.  Since we didn't have electric, I started cleaning.  A few years back I thought it would be fun to figure out the Floriculture CDE and we did over a period of a few years.  We progressively moved from around 10th to 2nd in the state. In the process I learned some skills.  I can now make corsages, bows and flower pens.

I found this left over stuff I had purchased for my cousins bridal shower these were the center pieces and then each guest left with a pen. After cleaning out the box and finding these things and still not having any electric I thought I think I'll make them.
If you want to make them, this is what you will need . . .

flowers of your choice . . .

floral tape and pens . . .

First take each pen and discard the cap. Next hold the flower next to the pen so the flower covers the top of the pen.  Next use the tape to cover the flower and the pen.  If you haven't used floral tape before it is sticky but will not dry that way.  If you slightly stretch the floral tape and wrap it around the object it will make a smooth appearance.

 I cover each pen almost down to the end of the pen.

Finally find something beautiful to display your pens in.  I believe the cost of the pens were roughly 50 cents, mostly because I bought nothing on sale or with a coupon.

These would make an excellent gift for a teacher.  I used to have a set for my desk for students to borrow.  It worked out nicely, boys suddenly started remembering their own writing utensils and these rarely left the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment